Instead of pasta serve over Spaghetti Squash, way healthier! Great with Sauteed Spinach, served with walnuts and Parm or Asiago, or Caesar Salad. Squash is pretty filling, so don’t underestimate it! With the milk and cheese, you are getting plenty of protein, too.
4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine (8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cracked black pepper
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in flour. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk. Cook 6 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Add 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, cream cheese, and salt, stirring with a whisk until cheeses melt. Toss sauce with hot pasta. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and chopped parsley. Garnish with black pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Calories:399 (30% from fat)
- Fat:13.5g (sat 8g,mono 3.4g,poly 1.1g)